the Long Tail

Adventures in the Low End of the Demand Curve

Sunday, November 14, 2004

the Killers - Hot Fuss



With the attention that the Killers have been getting lately, I initially believed that they didn't need my help, such as it is. The glowing reviews from Rolling Stone, Blender, and airplay on several radio stations, not to mention record stores around the nation can do so much more to help this band get the attention that they deserve. I thought about it, and then decided that its still important to do my part. Who knows what could make the difference?

Without a doubt, this is the best album that I've picked up this year. With a name like the Killers, I expected either a heavy metal band, or a hip-hop group, not the new wave influenced rock and roll singalong that I find so enjoyable.

Pair up enerjetic sounds with interesting lyrics, and you've got a great album, one that just keeps getting better and better. Don't buy this album for any particular songs. Just buy it for the entire package. Buy it now, so that we can enjoy more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home